At Therapy For People, we provide therapy to support our clients to create positive and effective change.
“I am actually receiving help and support for the first time in my life. Thank you Anne, from the bottom on my heart”Therapy for People client
People who benefit from therapy often:
- Want to overcome anxiety or depression
- Desire to stop struggling with addictions – to alcohol and drugs, sex, porn, exercise or work
- Want a more fulfilling career or to solve difficulties with bosses or colleagues
- Want to create more fulfilling relationships – ones free from infidelity with a deeper sense of connection
- Those who want to let go of hopelessness or apathy, who want to answer questions like ‘who am I?’ or ‘how did I get here?’
- Want to sleep and wake up restful and restored
- Desire strategies for dealing with personality disorders and other mental health challenges like Bi-Polar, Generalized Anxiety Disorder or Depression
We believe that healing is possible – that change is possible.
We believe that therapy is for everyone – you do not need to be ‘sick’ or ‘unwell’ to benefit from therapy. Therapy is a way to helps us get unstuck from old patterns that no longer serve our highest purpose. Anxiety, depression, addiction, sleeping problems, relationship difficulties – we have all experienced something that feels unmanageable. Therapy can help you get unstuck and live joyfully and with purpose.
Where we are featured
Autobiography in Five Short Chapters (An Allegory for Therapy)
I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. I am lost…I am helpless. It isn’t my fault. It takes forever to find a way out.
I walk down the street. there is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend that I don’t see it. I fall in again. I can’t believe I am in this same place. But, it isn’t my fault. It still takes a long time to get out.
I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it is there. I still fall in…it’s a habit…but, my eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.
I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.
I walk down another street.
by Portia Nelson